We often hear how high profile personalities get away with reckless driving, apparently only receiving a slap on the wrist.
Not this time!
24 year old Arsenal footballer, Nicklas Bendtner has had to pay almost £5000 fine and 6 points, when he was caught driving his £40,000 Audi Q7 without a licence, insurance or proper number plates.
- Arsenal striker was found guilty of driving his £40,000 Audi Q7 without a licence, insurance or proper number plates
- When asked why he did not have insurance, Bendtner told officers: ‘I have a friend who sorts that out for me’
- Magistrates fined him £4,750 and added six points to his licence
- There are 6 million licensed drivers aged 17-29 years on UK roads at this time.
- Nearly 900,000 licensed drivers aged 17-29 years were estimated to be driving without insurance in 2008; compared with over 400,000 in 2011.
- Newly qualified drivers caught using a vehicle without insurance will lose their licence.